Thursday 3 May 2007

In the Confrontation..

Warren, my life coach and self-development mentor sends me stuff ocassionally that I normally find a way to rip into and take it apart, I'm a big believer in self-development, but I normally find the books and audio tapes people use to develop themselves, condescending and so stunningly obvious I can't understand how anyone could re-organise their lives through them. But, as Warren keeps telling me, we all know these things but sometimes we need someone to remind us of them.

I guess it's to do with the comfort zone we always read so much about. You know what I mean, we are comfortable, so therefore we don't change, sometimes change is good, sometimes change is exactly what a person needs to re-motivate and better themselves.

Anyway, Warren sent me a quote today that i actually couldn't find anything to take the piss out of him for, and i actually quite like it.

"In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins - not through strength but by perseverance."


H. Jackson Brown


Thanks brother, I know you got my back!

I'm feeling good for Cheddar, quite excited actually, Lauren and I are heading down on Saturday morning, hopefully get a clear run through, the west-country on a bank holiday weekend though.. I know its going to be hell!

Gates tonight at Bolehills, nothing too strenuous, just spin my legs, rode trails and checked out the new Rotherham on Tuesday, looking great! last straight is tech, but a few runs few it was dialled in! And blair witch is a bunch of fun!

I'm in Focus Mode!

No comments: