Wednesday 25 November 2009

A warming troo sound...

The King Midas Sound..

If you like the dub sounds on the reggae tip, some soca and vibes, get on this mix King Midas did for FACT magazine. So heavy.

It's thanksgiving eve here in NYC and a 4 day weekend is coming up which is amazing, so happy about that. Big old turkeys, cranberry stuffing, veggies and pumpkin pie all up in my face for this one, you done know.

I have a dinner planned tomorrow with my mamacita which should be sweet then heading upstate to hit the gunks for some fresh air and climbing and just good vibes. A couple of friends have booked a bar space in the city Friday night so I'd like to get to that for a drink and vibe in that area for a bit.

Saturday and sunday I feel like trails and bike time is in order. Last weekend was kinda slow, my friend DJ'd a spot in the lower east side Friday night which was EEEEAAVVVY i did a 15 minute guest slot of heavy D&B flavas, but I can't use CDJ's for the life of me i was clanging all over the place, but the tunes were serious rollers, so i care not. Saturday was lazy, I went to a sick place in Brooklyn called La Flavella which is a Brazillian vibed cafe, live music place, people are dancing around you, the food was amazing and its done out like a favella, with a serious homely neighbourhood feel, I loved it. Then it was movie night and some wine, all very civilised.

This week has been a 3 day special, and i am so ready to bussss out of here. Only a few weeks until i'm back in the UK and I am pumped to come home.

Quickly, a few tunes that have been getting rewound all over the place this week

Skream Biiiig!
Wu Tang meets the Indie Culture Enter the Dubstep album.. Serious collaboes on this one. Tunes likes this. Woofers turned UP! Big up to the Youngster for pointing me to this.
The XX can't get enough.

Love from my ends to yours.

No comments: