Wednesday 8 September 2010

Meat and Potatoes

I hate my gym, its a place where people do bicep curls and make eye contact with people that walk on by, you know the kind of people, right?! People that will stop what they're doing to answer their blackberry, or stand around and watch the TV, pick up their next date. When I go to the gym, I put myself through misery and am in no state to go picking up girls or answer a phonecall. That's how it should be!

I found out about this place a while back after moving to Brooklyn, but couldn't get out of my monthly membership, so it wasn't really an option for me to pay 2 memberships Through some miracle, however, I broke free of the shackles and will be hitting up this place, Frenchie's by tomorrow.

A "proper" gym, I think you'll agree. I'm psyched.

A very interesting article with pictures and the story behind the gym are here. Check it out.

And a short film was made about the man, check them out below!





Respect Frenchie's!

I know I am part of the problem of gentrification, but I always use the smaller stores in the area, the food spots, and if I can support Frenchies I hope i can offset my condominium style living, the type of living that gentrifies the area, increase prices of services and housing and forces the locals further and further out East. I'll do what I can, and always respect the local people, it's their neighbourhood, not mine.

No comments: