Sunday 3 October 2010

Journey Inwards

This weekend has been a random one of sorts. Friday night I went to see Mount Kimbie, CoolyG and Sepalcure in Brooklyn with Dani, it was amazing. Music that warms my soul. The crowd was nice, the sytem was heavy, it was dope! In the crowd was a familar face, turns out it was Jamie XX from The XX and Sepalcure dropped this tune..



A lovely little gem, I think you'll agree.

Big stuff. Saturday was kinda chilled hitting the brunch spot and riding around on the fixie, missing the BMX right now, seems an age ago I shredded. Saturday night was meant to be lax as I had a very early start on the Sunday. I went to meet a couple of friends down at Brooklyn Bowl for a birthday beer, turns out LTJ Bukem and MC conrad were performing a little later on. What the... I stuck around, but didn't stay late, the dance floor got a little murky for a short while.

I didn't stay long as I had a 5am wake up call this morning to take part in the NYC Bike MS bike ride, raising awareness and $$ for the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation. Our team raised $9000 and the whole even raised something like $3 million. Amazing. 50 miles out of Manhattan up towards Nyack along the River Road is beautiful, and we even had the pleasure of riding through the closed to Traffic Lincoln Tunnel and the West side Highway, pretty amazing! I'm kinda pooped now though.

Anyway, have a bit of this, a timeless classic.


Big up to the Fam! Much love x x

No comments: