Friday 23 December 2011

Joints of the Year

This has been a remarkable year for music, below is a snapshot into some of my favorite tunes from this year. I'd be lost without Gilles Peterson, Benji B, Rinse FM, and incredible blogs out there that share the music, and keep me entertained!

Floating Points. Perhaps my favourite EP of the year. Beautiful music. Thank you FP!


James Blake - The man can do no wrong.


Gil Scott-Heron. what a legend. RIP. His album from this year I'm New Here, and the Jamie XX rework album We're New Here, are masterful pieces. Buy them both.


TMSV - Ridiculously heavy


Delilah. I have no words.


D Double E - On a hype ting, the D Double EP is big and heavy!


Hudson Mohawke. Satin Panthers EP. Too dope! Thunder Bay is thunderous!


Burial - Standard. Perhaps one of the deeped records of the year for me.


Lana Del Ray - Just marry me. Please.


XXXY - Dance Anthem of the summer.


Wretch 32 re-worked by the man like MJ Cole. 2 step.


Mosca. Bax/done me Wrong joint was popping!


Zomby. Bit of a mentalist, but you cannot deny the talent. Saw him play out, well, play his iTunes, mainly grime instrumentals, but it was a good experience. He did drop some bangers! His Dedication LP is pure fire.


Jamie XX and Jasmine. My goodness.


Joker and Jessie Ware doing Let it Breathe. Another woman who I would marry! Doing this thing live in the place. Magic. Makes the hair on my body stand on end. Too good. Standard place Boiler room!


SBTRKT Hands down one of the best albums of the year. Caught him live twice this year and it blew me away. Too sick!


Lunice. Hard.


There are more, of course, but this is a slection of some of the hottest cuts from this year in my opinion. Play 'em loud!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and big up yourselves! Photo joints and updates coming soon!

No comments: