Friday 18 July 2008

Race Prep.

The big race at Bolehills is this weekend and right now the weather suits me and the dirt turns just right, keeping them lightly drizzled and sticky for some big rails and move busting in that 2nd turn.. Although those suckers gotta get close to me first!

I worked late last night, then headed straight to Bolehills with the whacker plate, i hate that damn thing, it must be the heaviest, most awkward thing in the world, and that sucker breaks my back every time i go near it. I did get a lot done though, and worked into the night a little, it was alright though, as I had ex. front man of Hot Water Music (my all time favourite band) Chuck Ragan's live solo album, that made the hairs stand up on my neck, and gave me a second wind of energy every new song. Absolutely amazing. God Deciding has to be one of the best songs ever written. It's in my top 5 for sure. And afterward I realised I had done much more than I had planned and then had a scary moment getting the whacker into the van. I couldn't lift it, I was so done in. But I thought about my form and got my shit together and in she went, after much trepidation.

I slept like a log, and had messed up dreams, i'll just forget about them! All those unleaded fumes, dirt and exertion took its toll on my mind.

Anyway, Bolehills race this sunday, come along and support your friends at the funnest BMX track we got going. The sessions will be on!

Be easy!

No comments: