Tuesday 14 December 2010

The Look

Cannot believe we are almost halfway through December already, this year has gone by in the blink of an eye, it doesn't feel like that long since I last gorged on turkey and exchanged gifts. I'm really looking forward to the holidays this year, spending time with my family and friends, catching up, eating drinking and partying a little. It should be great. Also, currently toying with the idea of having a NYE party at our place in Brooklyn once I return, seeing if we can get enough heads together, my buddy Emac said he'd be on the wheels of steel, with some guest slots from d-Stroy and Bok-Choi, spinning hip hop, soulful and dutty bassline classics, an ice tub full of ice and beverages, finger foods, pie-bake-off and general New Year cheer. I think it could work, just need to make sure people commit, I always feel as though everyone plays chicken a bit for New Years, saying yes to everything that comes up, and weighing each invite off against each other, we become shallow for a night in the name of a party...

The weekend went alright, was feeling flat after the bullshit that went off in the latter half of the week, so wasn't in the mood for anything much at all. Dinner with Dani and a glass of wine was enough. My new favourite food is a Venezuelan dish called arepas. I cannot get enough of them. Get to know. Saturday I got up nice and early and hooked up a hire car, my roomie Chris and my buddy Matt and went out to an indoor park in NJ. The place is insane. It's called Incline Club, and is owned and operated by Scotty Cranmer, the dude that has cleared up Dew Tour, X-games street comps and just about anything he enters over the last few years. The place is mad, some of the biggest box jumps i've ridden, roll ins, bowls, and quarters, it took me a while to find myself in there. Its alien to me, but I had a blast all the same, managed not to die, although came close a couple of times. Mint.

Saturday night I still had the car so went driving around the City with Dani, hit up Ikea and did things you can only do with a car. I miss not having my own transportation sometimes, it does make life a heck of a lot easier.

On Sunday I went out and picked up a tree to make the apartment a little more festive, it came out a treat! It was a miserable day outside so I spent the day in the apartment reading, cooking, and being a homebody, can't think of the last time I did that, and to be perfectly honest I was getting a little bit of cabin fever by the end of it. A house husband I could not be.

This is the last weekend before heading home so a little dance party on Friday Jacques Greene is in town playing (oh yes!) a bit of riding if it isn't coming down to heavily with snow and a few mince pies and mulled wines. Standard!

For Jacques Greene though... I am psyched!


Jacques Greene - The Look from LuckyMe on Vimeo.

No comments: